Now that Christmas Eve is here, the more you can get done today, the easier the cooking will be on Christmas Day. Here is your essential guide to Christmas Eve food preparations. Here are a few things you can make sure are ready on Christmas Eve:
- Make your mince pies and sausage rolls
- Make the stuffing of your choice, such as sage and onion stuffing, and keep in the fridge
- Get out your chipolata sausages and roll up your bacon and keep in the fridge
- Spend time to prepare your vegetables – you can put them into pots/pans, wrap well in cling film and keep in a cool place
- You can peel you potatoes, cover with ice cold water and add a few slices of lemon, which will keep your potatoes white
- Make sure you have your drinks chilling nicely in the fridge (I’m sure no-one will mind if you open a bottle and have a well deserved drink for all your troubles!)
Christmas Eve can be a hard days work but it will be worth it and cooking lunch on Christmas Day will be much more enjoyable for you.
Don’t forget to check out our Christmas lunch guide and menu for any last minute ideas or inspiration.
Last of all, here’s wishing you a very happy Christmas and that you have the best Christmas lunch ever.