Tempura batter – a delicious batter to try at home
This batter recipe is for tempura batter. This recipe can be used in a wide range of other dishes, such as king prawns.
Ingredients – as required | Cooking time 10 mins
- 50g plain flour
- 50g cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 150ml ice cold sparkling water
- 1 large egg
- pinch sea salt
- Separate the egg and save the yolk for another purpose. Whisk the egg white until light and frothy.
- Sift the flour, cornflour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Whisk in the ice cold water.
- Lightly fold in the whisked egg white very gently as we do not want to knock out any of the air in the whisked egg white.
- Add a pinch of salt to the batter to taste.
Other batter recipes
If you have enjoyed this recipe, why not try these other great tasting batter recipes.
Recipes using tempura batter
Here are some great tasting recipes that you may want to try.