Balling a melon – all you need to know
Balling a melon is quick and easy to do and is a great way of preparing melon for different dishes. Melon makes a refreshing accompaniment to many meals. There are many different varieties of melon available to choose from.
Balling a melon – method
- Cut the melon in half and use a spoon to remove all the seeds.
- Using a melon baller, carefully cut the fleshy part of the melon into neat balls and tap then into a clean bowl.
- Cover the melon balls with cling film and store in the fridge until required.
Melon – did you know?
Here are some interesting facts and figures about melons (Wikipedia):
- Melons originated in Africa and southwest Asia, but they gradually began to appear in Europe toward the end of the Roman Empire
- Melons were among the earliest plants to be domesticated in both the Old and New Worlds
- Melons are a nutritious food. The seeds of cantaloupe were used in China to moderate fevers and the digestive system
Balling a melon – recipes
Now you have found out all there is to about balling a melon, why not try these recipes that use melon?