This potato recipe is for biarritz potatoes. This recipe with mashed potatoes uses ham, red pepper and parsley.
200g mashed potato (leaving out the butter)
30g cooked ham
30g red pepper, small dice
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
Sea salt / pepper
1. Trim off any fat from the ham and cut into small dice.
2. Cut the red pepper into small dice.
3. Chop the parsley.
4. Prepare the mashed potatoes, leaving out the butter.
5. While the potatoes are cooking, melt the butter in a small frying pan over a medium heat and add the pepper and ham and sauté for a few minutes. Add the chopped parsley.
6. Mash the potatoes to a smooth, lump-free mixture. Mix in the peppers, ham and parsley and any butter from the pan. Mix well and check the seasoning.
7. Serve the biarritz potatoes hot.
- You could allow the mixture to go cold and make potato cakes and shallow fry them for a change