This potato recipe is for champ potatoes. This champ potato recipe makes a great change from simple mashed potatoes.
200g mashed potatoes (leaving out the butter)
80g spring onions
Sea salt / pepper
1. Prepare the potatoes as for mash, leaving out the butter.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the spring onions and cut into about 0.5cm lengths.
3. Place the butter into a small frying pan and allow to melt.
4. Add the spring onions and sautÚ for a few minutes. Season lightly.
5. After mashing the potatoes into a lump-free mixture, mix in the sautÚd spring onions and melted butter from the pan.
6. Mix the champ potatoes well together, check the seasoning and serve hot.
- Champ potatoes is a very simple recipe but makes a lovely change from everyday mashed potatoes.