This salad recipe is for a pasta salad and uses fried pancetta and pine nuts. This pasta salad recipe is quick to make and tastes great.
50g cooked pasta, such as penne or fusilli
1 medium tomato
A few pine nuts, roasted
A few small basil leaves
Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
2 rashers pancetta
25g red and green peppers
Sea salt / pepper
1. Cook the pasta and allow to cool.
2. Place the cold cooked pasta into a clean bowl.
3. Cut the pancetta rashers into four. Heat a small frying pan and fry the pancetta until crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper to remove any excess oil. Allow to cool and add to the pasta.
4. Dice the peppers and add to the pasta.
5. Make the tomato concassť and add to the pasta.
6. Roast the pine nuts and add to the pasta.
7. Season the pasta salad to taste.
8. Mix in a little olive oil and add the basil leaves to the pasta salad.