This pastry recipe is for making pastry fleurons, which are a great accompaniment to many dishes.
Scraps of puff pastry
A touch of grease
Flour for dusting
1. Lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Pre-heat oven to 200°C (Gas Mark 6).
3. Lightly dust you work surface and rolling pin.
4. Roll out your pastry quite thin to about 3mm thickness.
5. Take a small round pastry cutter and carefully cut out crescent-shaped pieces of pastry.
6. Place on the baking tray, apply egg wash and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Apply egg wash again.
7. Put into the pre-heated oven and bake the pastry fleurons until golden brown.
8. Remove the pastry fleurons from the oven when cooked and cool on a wire cooling rack.
- If you are using fresh pastry, you can always freeze your pastry fleurons before you cook them. Take out as many as you need each time
- If using frozen pastry, it is not recommended that you freeze a second times