This salad recipe is for salad nicoise. This tuna salad recipe uses egg, black olives, tomatoes, onions and French beans to make a famous salad dish.
100g French beans
1 large cos lettuce
4 medium size tomatoes
200g tinned tuna in brine
4 large fresh eggs
16-20 black olives, pitted
Sea salt / pepper
Vinaigrette dressing, to taste
Chopped parsley, to garnish
Mise en place
1. Hard boil the eggs, shell and cut into quarters lengthways. Place in a dish cover and store in the fridge until required.
2. Top and tail the beans. Blanch, refresh and dry them. Place in a dish, cover and store in the fridge until required.
3. Blanch, refresh and skin the tomatoes. Cut each tomato into 8 wedges. Place in a dish, cover and store in a fridge until required.
4. Open the tinned tuna and drain well. Gently break the tuna into chunks and place in a dish, cover and store in a fridge until required.
5. Peel and finely dice the onion.
6. Wash and dry the lettuce well. Using your fingers, tear the leaves into bite-size pieces.
7. Chop the parsley for garnish.
8. Make the vinaigrette.
1. When ready to serve, place the lettuce into a large clean bowl and add enough dressing to coat the lettuce leaves.
2. Add all the other ingredients except the tuna. With clean hands, gently mix the salad together. Add any seasoning to your personal taste.
3. Divide the salad nicoise between your bowls and arrange the tuna chunks neatly on top.
4. Drizzle over any remaining dressing and garnish the salad nicoise with a little chopped parsley.