This potato recipe is for saute potatoes. This saute potatoes recipe is quick to cook and is great served with a little parsley.
300g Charlotte potatoes
2 sprigs fresh thyme
Parsley to garnish
1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
40g unsalted butter
Sea salt to taste
1. Wash, peel and rewash the potatoes. Choose potatoes roughly the size of an egg. Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with cold water, add a little salt and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer gently until the potatoes are just cooked. Carefully drain into a colander and refresh under cold running water. Allow to dry.
2. Chop the parsley and cut the butter into small cube shapes.
3. Take the potatoes and cut them in half lengthways.
4. Over a medium heat, heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan.
5. When hot, place the potatoes into the frying pan. Shake the pan from time to time. After about 4 minutes, use tongs to turn the potatoes over to colour the other side.
6. Season with a twist or two of coarse sea salt and add the cubes of butter evenly in the pan. The butter will begin to foam.
7. Cook until the butter begins to turn a nutty brown colour. Quickly turn off the heat and remove the saute potatoes from the pan onto kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
8. Place the saute potatoes onto a warmed dish or warmed plates, sprinkle lightly with chopped parsley and serve the saute potatoes immediately while hot.