This salad recipe for tomato salad and is served with shallots and vinaigrette. This tomato salad recipe can be served with extra virgin olive oil and makes a great starter.
8 fresh, ripe, medium-sized tomatoes
A few small basil leaves, to garnish
Vinaigrette dressing, to taste
Sea salt / pepper
Mise en place
1. Blanch, refresh and peel the tomatoes.
2. Peel and finely slice the shallots.
3. Make the vinaigrette dressing.
1. With a very sharp knife, carefully slice the peeled tomatoes. Lay into a shallow dish, sprinkle over the shallots and drizzle over some of the dressing. Season to taste.
2. Add a few small basil leaves, cover with cling film and place in a fridge for 1-2 hours.
3. To serve the tomato salad, remove from the fridge, arrange the sliced tomatoes neatly on the plates. Drizzle over a little more dressing and mill over a little more black pepper. Garnish with a few fresh small basil leaves.
- As with many salad recipes, this tomato salad will make an excellent starter
- If it is a hot summer’s day and you are having a meal outside and wish to be transported to the Mediterranean, instead of drizzling over a vinaigrette dressing, give your tomatoes a good dressing of extra virgin olive oil