This blueberry muffin recipe is a great muffin recipe to try at home. This muffins recipe makes 8-10 blueberry muffins and they taste great when nice and warm.
Getting everything ready
- Line a deep bun tray with large muffin paper cases.
- Place butter in a saucepan.
- Break the egg into a clean jug and beat well.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 4).
- Sift flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a large clean mixing bowl.
- Sift the soft light brown sugar into the bowl and mix together well.
- Place the butter over a low heat on the stove to melt.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and pour in the milk, beaten egg and melted butter. Using a large dinner fork, lightly mix together to form a type of batter – it does not have to be smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the waiting paper cases in your bun tray and fill to about 2/3 full.
- Divide your fresh blueberries between your muffins – have about 5-6 per muffin.
- Use a wooden skewer or cocktail stick to gently push the blueberries into each muffin to distribute the blueberries throughout.
- Place the blueberry muffins in the centre of your pre-heated oven and bake for about 25 minutes until the blueberry muffins are well risen, light golden in colour and slightly firm to touch.
- Remove the blueberry muffins and allow to cool slightly – serve when they are still nice and warm
Cake baking tips
We have put together some great tips on baking cakes, which includes information on skills such as creaming margarine, how to whisk eggs and sugar, use of pastry and the use of yeast.