This blueberry muffin recipe is a great muffin recipe to try at home. This muffins recipe makes 8-10 blueberry muffins and they taste great when nice and warm.
Click here to download the recipe for blueberry muffins.
Mise en place
- Line a deep bun tray with large muffin paper cases.
- Place butter in a saucepan.
- Break the egg into a clean jug and beat well.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 4).
- Sift flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a large clean mixing bowl.
- Sift the soft light brown sugar into the bowl and mix together well.
- Place the butter over a low heat on the stove to melt.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and pour in the milk, beaten egg and melted butter. Using a large dinner fork, lightly mix together to form a type of batter – it does not have to be smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the waiting paper cases in your bun tray and fill to about 2/3 full.
- Divide your fresh blueberries between your muffins – have about 5-6 per muffin.
- Use a wooden skewer or cocktail stick to gently push the blueberries into each muffin to distribute the blueberries throughout.
- Place the blueberry muffins in the centre of your pre-heated oven and bake for about 25 minutes until the blueberry muffins are well risen, light golden in colour and slightly firm to touch.
- Remove the blueberry muffins and allow to cool slightly – serve when they are still nice and warm