This chocolate truffle recipe is for rich flavoured chocolate truffle cupcakes with a touch of alcohol. If you want to make this for children, exchange the alcohol for orange juice.
Ingredients – 6/8 chocolate truffle cupcakes
- 75g basic cupcake mix
- 15g cocoa powder
- 50g raisins
- 2 teaspoons dark rum
- 30-40 mini truffles
- Chocolate buttercream – enough to pipe around the edges of the cupcakes
- Icing sugar for dusting
Mise en place
- Use the chocolate truffles recipe and make about 40 mini truffles – there will be 5 truffles on each cupcake. Place in the fridge until needed.
- Make the chocolate buttercream.
- Place the raisins into a small bowl and add two teaspoons of dark rum. Allow the raisins to soak up the rum for an hour or so.
- Make the basic cupcake mix with the addition of the cocoa powder and fold in the rum soaked raisins. Bake the cupcake mix and allow to cool.
- Spread a little of the buttercream over the top of each cupcake.
- Fill a paper piping bag fitted with a small star tube with chocolate buttercream and pipe around the edge of each cupcake.
- Fill the centre of the cupcake with mini chocolate truffles.
- Lightly dust your chocolate truffle cupcakes with icing sugar.
If you want to make chocolate truffle cupcakes for children, exchange the alcohol for orange juice.