Viennese finger biscuits – great and simple finger biscuits
This biscuits recipe is for viennese finger biscuits. If looking for a recipe for how to make biscuits, these easy to bake biscuits will be ideal.
Click here to download the recipe for Viennese biscuits.
Ingredients – 15 biscuits | Cooking time 55 mins
- 175g soft margarine
- 50g caster sugar
- 175g self-raising flour
- A few drops vanilla essence
- 100g chocolate spread
- 120g melted milk chocolate
- A little icing sugar, to dust
Mise en place
- Weigh all the ingredients.
- Break the milk chocolate into small pieces in a clean bowl ready to melt.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C (Gas Mark 3).
- Line a flat baking tray with non-stick baking paper or a non-stick mat.
- Place the soft margarine and caster sugar into a large clean mixing bowl. Using a handheld electric whisk, whisk until light and fluffy and pale in colour. Don’t forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl from time to time.
- Add a few drops of vanilla essence to flavour. Remove the whisk.
- Sift in the flour and, using a large metal spoon, fold into the mixture.
- Fit a piping bag with a large star tube and fill the bag with the mixture and pipe into fingers about 8cm in length on to the prepared baking tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until the fingers are a light golden colour.
- Remove the Viennese finger biscuits from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes, then carefully transfer the fingers on to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- When required, melt the chocolate over a bain marie and spoon a little chocolate spread into a small paper piping bag and snip off the tip.
- Take one of the Viennese finger biscuits and carefully pipe a line of chocolate spread along the flat side and sandwich together with another finger.
- While the chocolate is melting, cover a baking tray with cling film and when the chocolate has melted, simply take one Viennese finger biscuit at a time and dip the ends into the melted chocolate. Place on the baking tray covered with cling film and put it in the fridge for a few moments to allow the chocolate to set.
- Remove the viennese finger biscuits from the fridge and lightly dust with icing sugar before serving. If you want, you can place the viennese finger biscuits into nice paper cases before putting them on a plate.
Viennese finger biscuits recipe – summary
Name of recipe: Viennese finger biscuits
Last updated: 2 December 2014
Type of dish: Cake recipe
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 55 mins | Total cook time: 1 hr 5 mins
5.0 stars based on 2 reviews
Cake baking tips
We have put together some great tips on baking cakes, which includes information on skills such as creaming margarine, how to whisk eggs and sugar, use of pastry and the use of yeast.
Other great cake recipes
If you have enjoyed this recipe for Viennese finger biscuits, why not try these other great tasting cake recipes: