This Baked Alaska recipe is a great recipe with ice cream. If you want to know how to make an ice cream cake, this baked alaskan recipe is ideal.
Getting everything ready
- Make the fatless sponge mix and bake it in a Swiss roll tin to give a flat sponge. Allow it to cool and, using a round pastry cutter, cut out circles of sponge about 6–7cm in diameter. Keep the trimmings for a trifle.
- Make the meringue mixture and spoon it into a large piping bag fitted with a large star tube.
- Place a circle of the sponge on the centre of your plate. Drizzle over a teaspoon of Baileys Irish Cream over each sponge circle, if you are using it.
- Place a scoop of ice cream onto each sponge circle. Starting round the base of each sponge, pipe the meringue around the sponge and ice cream until it is well covered.
- Place under a very hot grill for a few moments to colour the meringue. Or, better still, use a blow torch to colour the meringue.
- Dust your baked alaska dessert with a touch of icing sugar and serve before the ice cream begins to melt.