This brandy snaps recipe shows how to make brandy snaps and brandy snap baskets. These look and taste great and are mostly filled with cream when served.
Ingredients – 2/3 portions | Cooking time 25 mins
- 50g margarine
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 50g self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon brandy
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C (Gas Mark 3).
- Lightly grease a shallow or flat baking tray (or use a non-stick mat).
- Melt the margarine, golden syrup and sugar in a clean saucepan over a medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour, ginger and brandy.
- Place a small teaspoon of the mixture onto your baking tray and put in the pre-heated oven for about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few moments.
- Carefully, roll the warm biscuits around a handle of a wooden spoon or small rolling pin. Allow to cool and remove the handle of the wooden spoon or rolling pin.
- Place them on a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- When ready to serve, fill the brandy snaps with whipped cream.
Brandy snaps – hints and tips
It is best to only bake 2-3 brandy snap biscuits at a time.
The mixture will spread in the oven so give plenty of room.