This Amaretti dessert recipe is for an Amaretti syllabub. If looking for Amaretti dessert recipes, this syllabub recipe, served with fresh raspberries is delicious.
Ingredients – Serves 4 | Cooking time 45 mins
- 150ml medium sweet white wine
- 75g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 large egg whites
- 300ml double cream
- Approx. 12 Amaretti biscuits
- Fresh raspberries, as accompaniment
- Shortbread biscuits, as accompaniment
- Brandy snap baskets, as accompaniment
Mise en place
- Place the dessert glasses into the fridge to chill.
- Place the Amaretti biscuits into a clean plastic bag. Lay the bag on your board and gently roll over it a few times with a rolling pin. They will quickly turn into a fine crumb. Place them in a small dish for later.
- Place the sugar, wine and lemon juice into a clean bowl. Mix and leave for about 15 minutes, stirring from time to time to ensure the sugar is dissolved.
- Separate the eggs, leaving the whites in a very clean bowl. Save the yolks for another purpose.
- Pour the cream into a large clean bowl. Whisk the cream until it forms soft peaks, then slowly whisk in the wine, sugar and lemon juice mixture.
- Clean your whisk well and whisk the egg whites until they stand in peaks.
- Take a large metal spoon and fold most of the crushed biscuits into the cream mixture (save a touch for garnish).
- Then, fold in the whisked egg whites.
- Take the chilled glasses from the fridge.
- Spoon your crushed Amaretti syllabub mixture into a large piping bag without a tube and carefully fill the glasses.
- Place the crushed syllabub in the fridge for about 30 minutes to chill. I would not keep them in the fridge for any longer as the egg white may begin to separate. Remove from the fridge, dust with the remaining crushed Amaretti biscuits and serve.
Amaretti dessert – hints and tips
This dessert recipe is nice served with a few fresh raspberries — as the syllabub can be quite sweet, the berries will contrast with a touch of sharpness. Don’t forget to wash the raspberries to wash off any spray or dust.