Bacon and mushroom frittata – a great tasting frittata
This frittata recipe shows how to make a bacon and mushroom frittata. If looking for how to make a frittata, this will be ideal. Click here to download the recipe for a bacon and mushroom frittata.
Ingredients – Serves 2 | Cooking time 15 mins
- 5 large fresh eggs
- 50g streaky bacon
- 50g mushrooms
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- 1 large clove of garlic (or 2 small)
- 10g flat-leaf parsley
- Nutmeg, to taste
- Sea salt / pepper
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
Mise en place
- Cut off any rind from the bacon and cut into thin strips.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Chop the parsley.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth and finely slice.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Break the eggs into a tea cup, then transfer into a larger bowl, removing any unwanted shell. Season with salt and pepper and beat the eggs with a fork or whisk. Add the freshly grated nutmeg (enough to taste), the chopped parsley and grated parmesan to the egg mixture.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium.
- Heat the frying pan over a medium heat, add the olive oil and the chopped garlic. Stir-fry for a few minutes, add the strips of bacon and sliced mushrooms. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low and pour in the egg mixture. Swirl the mixture round the pan a little to ensure that it lays evenly. Move the pieces for bacon and mushrooms with a wooden spoon to ensure they are evenly distributed throughout the frittata.
- Leave the bacon and mushroom frittata to cook gently for 4-5 minutes. The top should still be runny at this stage.
- Slide the pan under the grill and leave until the top of the frittata turns golden brown.
- Remove from the grill and slide the frittata from the pan onto a clean board.
- Cut the frittata into even wedge shapes and serve on warmed plates.
- Serve the frittata with a crispy salad and a few new potatoes.
Tips for cooking eggs
Here are some great tips for buying and cooking eggs as well as where to store them.
Other egg recipes
If you have enjoyed this recipe for bacon and mushroom frittata, why not try these other great tasting egg recipes: