Fried eggs – we all like our fried eggs differently!
This recipe for fried eggs is quick and easy to cook. While there are many fried egg recipes with people cooking their fried eggs in different ways, this shows the basics for cooking fried eggs. Click here to download the instructions for cooking fried eggs.
Method – as required | Cooking time 5 mins
- Remember to take the eggs out of the fridge 20 minutes before you want to cook them.
- Break each egg into a teacup, removing an unwanted shell.
- Pour a little oil into a heavy-bottomed, non-stick frying pan and heat until the oil is hot enough to sizzle when the eggs is added.
- Carefully slide the egg from the teacup into the frying pan. The egg white should start to solidify immediately.
- Using a fish slice, flick a little hot oil onto your egg from time to time.
- When the fried egg is cooked to your liking, lift the fried eggs from the frying pan using a fish slice and drain away any excess oil.
- Serve immediately.
Fried eggs – hints and tips
There aren’t any hard or fast rules on cooking fried eggs. We are all different and like our fried eggs in many different ways, e.g. sunny side up eggs or easy over, or frying until the yolks are hard.
Tips for cooking eggs
Here are some great tips for buying and cooking eggs as well as where to store them.
Other egg recipes
If you have enjoyed this recipe for fried eggs, why not try these other great tasting egg recipes: