Poached eggs – great served with toast!
This egg recipe is for poached eggs and shows all you need to know about poaching an egg. If looking for a recipe for poaching eggs, this will be ideal. Click here to download the recipe for poached eggs.
- Remember to take the eggs out of the fridge 20 minutes before you want to cook them.
- Fill a saucepan with 8 to 10 cm of water and add a tablespoon of white wine vinegar and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat to a gentle boil. Break an egg into a tea cup, removing any pieces of broken shell.
- Take a small whisk and swirl it round in the boiling water to create a whirlpool effect.
- Remove the whisk and carefully add the egg to the centre of the whirlpool.
- Allow the poached egg to cook gently for approx. 3 minutes until the white has set.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the poached egg from the saucepan and drain away any excess water.
- Serve the poached egg immediately, normally on hot buttered toast, although poached eggs go very well with a piece of smoked haddock or on top of a round of Welsh rarebit.
Tips for cooking eggs
Here are some great tips for buying and cooking eggs as well as where to store them.
Other egg recipes
If you have enjoyed this recipe for poached eggs, why not try these other great tasting egg recipes: