Spanish omelette – try something different!
This egg recipe shows how to make a spanish omelette, sometimes spelt omelet or omlette. If looking for a recipe for omelettes, this spanish omelette recipe will be ideal. Click here to download the recipe for a Spanish omelette.
Ingredients – Serves 1 | Cooking time 10 mins
- 3 large fresh eggs
- 50g cold cooked potatoes
- 25g red pepper
- 25g cooked peas
- 10g unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Chives, to garnish
- Sea salt / pepper
Mise en place
- Cut the cold cooked potatoes into a medium dice.
- Cut the pepper into a medium dice and a little into julienne for garnish.
- Blanch the peas.
- Pre-heat the grill to hot.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, season to taste and beat.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the butter and oil.
- When the butter begins to bubble add the potatoes, diced pepper and peas. Gently stir-fry for a few minutes to allow them to heat through.
- Add the beaten egg mixture to the pan. Move the pan with one hand and stir with a fork or spatula with the other until the omelette reaches the still runny on top stage (‘baveuse’).
- Slide the pan under the grill for a few moments until the omelette turns a nice golden brown in colour.
- Remove from the grill and carefully slide the spanish omelette from the pan onto a warmed plate, keeping it flat.
- Garnish the spanish omelette with a little julienne of pepper and a few chives and serve immediately.
Spanish omelette recipe – summary
Name of recipe: Spanish omelette
Last updated: 2 November 2014
Type of dish: Egg recipe
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Total cook time: 20 mins
4.0 stars based on 2 reviews
Spanish omelette – hints and tips
Try to find a small frying pan, preferably non-stick, about 7” in diameter, with sloping sides: a proper little omelette pan. If you can spare it, keep it for just making omelettes. A large frying pan may prove to be too big and the egg mixture will spread far and wide, leaving you with a very large, thin, flat omelette. Using a fork when making omelettes may not be too good on non-stick pans. So, if you feel more comfortable in using a spatula, then please do so. It will stop any scratches on that special pan.
Tips for cooking eggs
Here are some great tips for buying and cooking eggs as well as where to store them.
Other egg recipes
If you have enjoyed this recipe for Spanish omelette, why not try these other great tasting egg recipes: