This stir fry recipe is for stir fried duck with broccoli and cashew nuts. This stir fried duck is served with noodles.
Getting everything ready
- Heat the grill. Lay the cashew nuts onto a baking tray and place under the grill to roast, turning from time to time to get an even colour. Remove from the grill and place into a small clean bowl. Save for later.
- Place the duck breast onto your board for raw meat. Put the breast down skin side up and, using a sharp knife, cut across the breasts into thin slices. Place into a clean bowl. Don’t forget to wash your hands after using raw meat.
- Make the marinade. Peel and crush the garlic clove, peel and grate the fresh ginger, de-seed and finely dice the red chilli and place them all into a jug and mix in the vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce and honey.
- Mix well and pour over the slices of duck. Mix well together, cover with cling film and place into the fridge to marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Cut the broccoli into small, bite-size florets. Blanch it in boiling salted water for 1 minute, then plunge it into ice cold water. Drain well. Hopefully this will help to keep the broccoli lovely and dark green.
- Wipe the baby mushrooms with a clean, damp cloth and leave whole.
- Wash and dry the spring onions and shred the spring onions finely into about 6cm lengths and save them for garnish.
- Heat a touch of oil in a wok over a high heat on the hob. When it is hot, carefully add the slices of duck, saving the marinade for later. Add the mushrooms and stir fry the duck for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and cashew nuts and continue to stir-fry for a further minute or so. Stir in the hoi-sin sauce and season to taste. Remove from the wok into a dish and keep warm.
- Return the wok to the hob and pour in the marinade. Bring to the boil. Mix a little cornflour with a touch of cold water to make a smooth paste and slowly add to the boiling marinade. Allow the marinade to thicken slightly.
- Add the noodles to the wok to heat through for a few minutes. Then spoon the noodles into warmed bowls. Add the stir fried duck and other cooked ingredients and garnish with the finely shredded spring onions. Serve your stir fried duck immediately.
Cooking tips for main course recipes
Main course recipes come in all shapes and sizes to suit different tastes and appetites. Click here for some great suggestions for cooking tips for mains recipes.