This pasta recipe is for a tomato pasta with bacon. If looking for recipes with linguine, this pasta with tomatoes recipe will be ideal.
Ingredients – Serves 2 | Cooking time 30 mins
- Approx 200g linguine
- 130g baby tomatoes
- 5 to 6 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g smoked streaky bacon, fine strips
- 100g leeks, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 30g Parmesan cheese
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 5g red chilli
- 8 to 10 basil leaves
- Flat leaf parsley
- Sea salt / pepper
Mise en place
- Cut the chilli into fine julienne.
- Cook the linguine to ‘al dente’ stage. Drain and refresh and allow to dry. Place into a bowl and add a touch of olive oil and the red chilli. Season lightly and using your fingers, tear the basil leaves into the pasta. Mix well and cover with cling film. Put aside until required.
- Remove any rind from the bacon and cut into fine strips.
- Chop the parsley.
- Flake the Parmesan cheese.
- Peel away the outside leaves of the leek. Wash and finely slice the remaining leek.
- Remove any stalks from the tomatoes and place on a baking tray.
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves.
- Wash the rosemary.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C (Gas Mark 3).
- Lightly season the tomatoes on the baking tray. Drizzle over a little olive oil and spring over the chopped garlic. Add the sprig of rosemary and place in the oven to roast for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the bacon and stir fry for about 2 minutes, then add the sliced leek and continue to stir-fry for another 4 to 5 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce and heat through.
- Divide between warmed bowls. Remove the tomatoes from the oven. Remove the rosemary and divide the tomatoes evenly between the bowls. Garnish the tomato pasta with Parmesan flakes and chopped parsley. Serve the pasta with tomatoes immediately.
Tips for cooking pasta
Here are some great tips for cooking pasta, which includes information on how to choose your pasta and how to avoid overcooking your pasta.