This pasta recipe is for tagliatelle with ham and mushrooms. This ham tagliatelle pasta dish is quick to cook and tastes great.
Getting everything ready
- Cut the ham into thin strips.
- Peel and finely dice the shallots.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth and finely slice the mushrooms.
- Chop the parsley.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese and place into a clean serving dish.
- Make the saffron cream sauce and keep warm in a bain marie.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and diced shallots and stir-fry for 1 minute without colour. Add the sliced mushrooms and continue to stir-fry for a further 4 to 5 minutes.
- Put the pasta on to cook. Meanwhile, turn up the heat under the pan. Carefully add the brandy (flaming the pan if you can) and allow it to evaporate. Turn down the heat.
- Drain the pasta well and add to the pan. Add half of the chopped parsley and the ham. Mix well and check the seasoning.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the warm cream sauce.
- Divide the ham and mushroom tagliatelle between warmed bowls and garnish with a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
- Serve the tagliatelle with ham and mushrooms immediately with a small dish of finely grated Parmesan cheese.
Cooking tagliatelle – hints and tips
If you exchange spaghetti with the tagliatelle and exclude the mushrooms you will have a very nice carbonara.
After adding the egg yolks to the cream, don’t allow it to boil but keep it warm in a bain marie.
Tips for cooking pasta
Here are some great tips for cooking pasta, which includes information on how to choose your pasta and how to avoid overcooking your pasta.