This potatoes recipe is for boulangere potatoes. This oven potatoes recipe uses onions and stock to make a delicious potato dish.
Getting everything ready
- Make the stock.
- Peel and finely slice the onion.
- Wash, peel and rewash the potatoes and cut into thin round slices. Keep them in cold water until required.
- Lightly grease an ovenproof dish with a little butter.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 4).
- Place a layer of sliced potatoes into the bottom of your dish. Next, add a layer of sliced onions and season with salt and pepper. Add another layer of potatoes and onions and season. Top with a neat layer of sliced potatoes and season.
- Pour the stock over the layers of potatoes until it just covers the top layer. Add a knob or two of butter.
- Place into the pre-heated oven and cook for about 1 ½ hours or until the potatoes are cooked and most of the stock has been absorbed.
- When the top layer of potatoes are a nice light golden brown, cover the dish with a lid or foil to prevent any further cooking.
- Before serving your boulangere potatoes, brush melted butter over the top layer of the boulangere potatoes and sprinkle over a little chopped parsley.