This potato recipe is for champ potatoes. This potato recipe makes a great change from simple mashed potatoes.
- Prepare the potatoes as for mash, leaving out the butter.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the spring onions and cut into about 0.5cm lengths.
- Place the butter into a small frying pan and allow to melt.
- Add the spring onions and sauté for a few minutes. Season lightly.
- After mashing the potatoes into a lump-free mixture, mix in the sautéd spring onions and melted butter from the pan.
- Mix the potatoes well together, check the seasoning and serve hot.
Champ potatoes is a very simple recipe but makes a lovely change from everyday mashed potatoes.