This potato recipe is for saute potatoes. This saute potatoes recipe is quick to cook and is great served with a little parsley.
- Wash, peel and rewash the potatoes. Choose potatoes roughly the size of an egg. Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with cold water, add a little salt and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer gently until the potatoes are just cooked. Carefully drain into a colander and refresh under cold running water. Allow to dry.
- Chop the parsley and cut the butter into small cube shapes.
- Take the potatoes and cut them in half lengthways.
- Over a medium heat, heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan.
- When hot, place the potatoes into the frying pan. Shake the pan from time to time. After about 4 minutes, use tongs to turn the potatoes over to colour the other side.
- Season with a twist or two of coarse sea salt and add the cubes of butter evenly in the pan. The butter will begin to foam.
- Cook until the butter begins to turn a nutty brown colour. Quickly turn off the heat and remove the saute potatoes from the pan onto kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
- Place the saute potatoes onto a warmed dish or warmed plates, sprinkle lightly with chopped parsley and serve the saute potatoes immediately while hot.