This potato recipe is for potato wedges. This baked potato recipe is served with a mango salsa and makes a great snack at any time.
Getting everything ready
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C (Gas Mark 5).
- Make the mango salsa, cover and place in the fridge until required.
- Scrub the potatoes well and prick each one with a fork, then place them on a baking tray and put them into the oven. Bake for around 1 hour or until the potatoes are cooked (the potatoes will give a little when pressed with your finger). Take care when checking whether the potatoes are cooked, as I have known potatoes to explode. Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool.
- Wash, dry and finely shred the lettuce.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each potato into quarters or 6ths lengthways (depending on the size of the potatoes) and lay them on a baking tray.
- Mix the olive oil with the paprika, chilli powder/cayenne pepper and sea salt.
- Turn up the oven to around 220°C (Gas Mark 7).
- Using a brush, brush the oil mixture over the potato wedges and place them back in the hot oven for about 10-15 minutes, turning them over once and brushing more oil over them.
- Neatly pile the lettuce onto a plate.
- Remove the potato wedges from the oven and divide them between the plates. Serve the potato wedges hot with the mango salsa.
If you have enjoyed this recipe for potato wedges, why not try some of the other great tasting potato recipes on cookeryskills.com?