Blue cheese salad – for lovers of blue cheese
This salad recipe is for a blue cheese salad. If looking for salads with blue cheese, this recipe includes pear to also give a great pear salad. Click here to download the recipe for blue cheese salad.
Ingredients – Serves 2 | Cooking time 10 mins
- 150g crispy green salad
- 120g Stilton cheese
- 50g walnut halves
- 2 pears
- Balsamic dressing, to taste
- 2/3 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sea salt / pepper
- Balsamic syrup (optional)
Mise en place
- Wash and dry the salad leaves. Place in a large clean bowl and mix together. If you can find any chard or baby beet leaves, the reddish leaves will help to show off the salad.
- Make the balsamic dressing and store it in the fridge until required.
- Remove any loose skin from the walnut halves.
- Break the Stilton into bite-size pieces using your fingers.
- Cut the top and bottom off the pears. Cut them in half lengthways. Lay them flat on your board and cut the pear into long, thin slices and place them in a shallow dish.
- Drizzle over the lemon juice.
- Mix the dressing into the salad leaves.
- Add the walnuts, Stilton and slices of pear.
- Mix gently together.
- Season to taste.
- Squeeze a line or two of balsamic syrup onto the plate.
- Arrange the blue cheese salad neatly on the plates.
- Drizzle over any remaining dressing and serve the blue cheese salad.
Salad making tips
We have put together some great tips for making great tasting and simple salads. This includes the use of olive oil and extra virgin olive oil.
Great tasting salad recipes
If you have enjoyed this recipe for blue cheese salad, why not try these other great tasting salad recipes:
Try these great tasting salad dressings to give your salad great taste: