Pasta salad – a simple salad using pasta
This salad recipe is for a pasta salad and uses fried pancetta and pine nuts. This pasta salad recipe is quick to make and tastes great. Click here to download the recipe for pasta salad.
Ingredients – Serves 1 | Preparation time 10 mins
- 50g cooked pasta, such as penne or fusilli
- 1 medium tomato
- A few pine nuts, roasted
- A few small basil leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- 2 rashers pancetta
- 25g red and green peppers
- Sea salt / pepper
- Cook the pasta and allow to cool.
- Place the cold cooked pasta into a clean bowl.
- Cut the pancetta rashers into four. Heat a small frying pan and fry the pancetta until crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper to remove any excess oil. Allow to cool and add to the pasta.
- Dice the peppers and add to the pasta.
- Make the tomato concassé and add to the pasta.
- Roast the pine nuts and add to the pasta.
- Season the pasta salad to taste.
- Mix in a little olive oil and add the basil leaves to the pasta salad.
Salad making tips
We have put together some great tips for making great tasting and simple salads. This includes the use of olive oil and extra virgin olive oil.
Great tasting salad recipes
If you have enjoyed this recipe for pasta salad, why not try these other great tasting salad recipes:
Try these great tasting salad dressings to give your salad great taste: