Rice salad – a great tasting simple salad with rice
This salad recipe for rice salad, served with bamboo shoots, waterchestnuts, spring onions and red chilli. This rice salad recipe makes a great accompaniment to any meal. Click here to download the recipe for rice salad.
Ingredients – Serves 1 | Preparation time 12 mins
- 50g cooked rice
- 15g bamboo shoots
- 15g water chestnuts
- 10g spring onions
- 5g red chilli
- 5g ginger
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- Sea salt / pepper
- Cook the rice and allow to cool.
- Put the cold cooked rice (dry and loose) into a bowl.
- Slice the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and add them to the rice.
- Finely shred the onion and add to the rice.
- Finely dice the red chilli and add to the rice.
- Peel and grate the ginger and add to the rice.
- Mix well and season to taste.
- Mix in a little dark soy sauce to the rice salad.
Salad making tips
We have put together some great tips for making great tasting and simple salads. This includes the use of olive oil and extra virgin olive oil.
Great tasting salad recipes
If you have enjoyed this recipe for rice salad, why not try these other great tasting salad recipes:
Try these great tasting salad dressings to give your salad great taste: