Salad making tips – essential tips for making salads
We have put together some great salad tips for making great tasting and simple salads.
Salad making tips
- Olive oil is wonderful stuff and plays a major part when it comes to salads and salad dressings. Buying extra virgin olive oil is very much like buying a bottle of wine. There is such a wide choice, each one a little different in colour and flavour.
- With all different ingredients, it is possible to make some very interesting salad dressings. It is great fun trying something new.
- Salads don’t have to be cold. Try the warm chicken salad recipe and, if you like goat’s cheese, the deep fried goat’s cheese salad.
- There are some famous salads throughout the world: salad nicoise, Waldorf salad and caesar salad to name but a few.
- A word of caution. You may start to use small ingredients such as pine nuts or sunflower seeds, for example. These can be a choking hazard to very young children, so take extra care and store these items out of the reach of tiny hands!
- You can create some lovely flavoured oils but what you put in the oil (e.g. basil leaves) will soon being to deteriorate. As you will be using this oil cold for dressing, any bacteria will not be cooked out with heat – label and date it and keep an eye on it.
Great tasting salad recipes
Why not try these great tasting salad recipes:
Try these great tasting salad dressings to give your salad great taste: