This salad recipe is for a vegetable salad. If looking for recipes for vegetables, this vegetable salad uses carrot, swede, peas, turnip and green beans.
Getting everything ready
- Wash and peel the carrot and cut into 0.5cm dice.
- Blanch the peas for 2 minutes, then refresh and dry well.
- Wash and peel the swede and cut into 0.5cm dice.
- Wash and peel the turnip and cut into 0.5cm dice.
- Cook the carrot, swede and turnip in boiling salted water for about 10-12 minutes until just cooked. Drain and refresh and dry well.
- Wash and cut the beans and blanch them for about 4-5 minutes. Then, drain and refresh and dry well.
- Mix all the vegetables together in a bowl then season to taste.
- Bind the vegetable salad together using a little mayonnaise.
Salad making tips
We have put together some great tips for making great tasting and simple salads. This includes the use of olive oil and extra virgin olive oil.