This broccoli and Stilton soup recipe is a great soup recipe to try. Add some Stilton cheese to make a great broccoli and cheese soup. If you are looking for a recipe for broccoli, this is well worth a try.
Ingredients – Serves 4 | Cooking time 60 mins
- 400g broccoli florets
- 200g potatoes
- 50g onions
- 100g apples
- 50g celery
- 200g Stilton cheese
- 200g double cream
- Approx. 1½l vegetable or chicken stock
- Salt / pepper
Mise en place
- Make the vegetable stock.
- Chop the broccoli into smaller pieces and wash well under cold running water.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and chop into ½” dice.
- Wash and chop the celery into ½” dice.
- Peel, core and chop the apple into ½” dice.
- Chop the onion into ½” dice.
- With your fingers, gently break up the Stilton. Put a little aside for garnish.
- Put the broccoli, onions, potatoes, celery and apple into a large saucepan. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes, skimming if necessary. Season to taste.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly, and carefully pour into a blender and blend the soup to a smooth liquid. Return to the saucepan.
- Return to a gentle heat, add the Stilton (saving some for garnish) and stir gently until the Stilton has melted. Correct the seasoning and consistency.
- Add the cream (leave some for garnish) and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Ladle the broccoli and Stilton soup into warm soup bowls and garnish with a few small pieces of Stilton. Serve this broccoli soup with chunks of warm French bread.