This soup recipe is for cauliflower soup with horseradish cream. This will be ideal if you are looking for cauliflower recipes and enjoy making your own soup recipes.
Ingredients – Serves 4 | Cooking time 55 mins
- Approx 400g cauliflower florets
- 1½ litres vegetable stock
- 100g horseradish cream
- 80g butter or margarine
- 80g plain flour
- 100g white of leek
- 200g double cream
- Salt and milled black pepper to taste
- A few leaves for coriander (for garnish)
Mise en place
- Wash the cauliflower and cut into florets.
- Make the large croutons.
- Make the vegetable stock.
- Wash and finely chop the white of the leek.
- Wash a few coriander leaves then put aside for the garnish.
- Put the cauliflower into a saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil and add some salt. Then, turn down the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until the cauliflower is well cooked. Drain into a colander, allow to cool slightly and place the cauliflower into a blender and blend to a smooth paste. Scrape into a clean bowl and save until required.
- Pour the vegetable stock into a clean saucepan, then bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer gently.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat. Then, add the leek and sweat for 3 minutes without colour.
- Add the flour to make a roux and gently cook for a further 2 minutes. Slowly add the stock, stirring constantly, until it has all been absorbed.
- Add the blended cauliflower paste and horseradish cream and simmer for about 12-15 minutes on a gentle heat. Stir in the cream.
- Ladle the cauliflower and horseradish soup into warmed soup bowls and garnish with a few coriander leaves and sunflower seeds.
- Serve this cauliflower soup with large warm croutons.