This mushrooms recipe is for garlic mushrooms. This garlic mushrooms recipe looks and tastes great and is nice served with a salad.
Getting everything ready
- Make the garlic butter.
- Prepare the lemon oil.
- Make the pane mix (eggs, flour and breadcrumbs) ready.
- Using a small knife, remove the stalks from the mushrooms and wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth. Fill the cavity where the stalk was removed with garlic butter. Place on a tray and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm the butter.
- Wash and dry the salad leaves.
- Pass the filled mushrooms through the pane twice, to get a crisp finish to the garlic mushrooms when cooked.
- Put oil into a wok or saucepan to about a third full.
- Heat oil to approximately 180°C (Gas Mark 4).
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully lower the mushrooms into the hot oil. Fry until golden and crispy.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
- Remove the oil from the heat.
- Meanwhile, dress the salad leaves with a little lemon oil and neatly place a small handful in the centre of each plate. Divide the garlic mushrooms evenly between your plates and drizzle over any remaining oil.
- Serve the garlic mushrooms immediately.
Remove the oil from the heat when the garlic mushrooms are out and draining, taking great care. Keep the wok’s or saucepan’s handle pointing away from you while in use, so as not to knock into the handle.