If looking for salmon recipes, this recipe with smoked salmon is worth a go. This salmon recipe is served sushi style with sushi dressing and sushi rice.
Ingredients – Serves 4 | Cooking time 70 mins
- Approx 250g sliced smoked salmon
- 125g cooked sushi rice
- 2 or 3 sheets of roasted seaweed
- Sushi dressing
- 1 lemon
Mise en place
- Cut the lemon into neat wedges, removing any pips.
- Make the sushi dressing (half is for the rice and half is for garnish).
- Cook the sushi rice (remember to use it while it is still warm).
- Cut any garnish you may wish to use, e.g. thin pieces of pepper.
- Place a sheet of seaweed into a bamboo mat. Next, lay the thin slices of smoked salmon onto the seaweed. Neatly spread the sushi rice over two-thirds of the salmon and seaweed.
- Slowly and carefully begin to roll the sushi, pulling the bamboo mat towards you and tucking in the top seaweed sheet to make a roll.
- Dampen the last strip of seaweed with cold water and complete your roll. Remove from the bamboo mat and wrap in cling film.
- Roll the smoked salmon into a tight sausage shape and place in the fridge to chill for about 1 hour.
- Remove the smoked salmon sushi from the fridge and unwrap it from the cling film. Place the smoked salmon sushi onto a chopping board and, using a sharp knife, carefully cut the roll into slices (about 6 to 8 slices per roll, depending on the thickness you require).
- Place the slices of smoked salmon sushi neatly on a place and garnish each slice if you wish. Drizzle over with the remaining sushi dressing and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Smoked salmon – hints and tips
You don’t have to use salmon in your sushi – many vegetables or cooked chicken or sliced ham are great to fill sushi.