This vegetable recipe shows how to cook leeks in a cream sauce. This recipe for saute leek is quick to prepare and tastes great.
Getting everything ready
- Cut away the top old leaves of the leek and peel away any discoloured outside leaves. Then, cut across the leek into 5mm circles. Put into a colander and wash well under cold water. Drain well.
- Peel and finely dice the garlic cloves.
- De-seed the red chilli and cut into fine dice.
- Heat a little oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and chilli and stir-fry for a few moments. Add the leeks and sauté for about 5 minutes. Keep stirring from time to time.
- Add the cream to the saute leek and mix well. It should turn thick and bind the leeks together. Season to taste.
Serve the saute leek in cream hot in warmed dishes or on warmed plates.
Saute leek – hints and tips
Although we can buy leeks all year round, they are basically freshest in autumn and early winter.