This pastry recipe is for making pastry fleurons, which are a great accompaniment to many dishes.
Ingredients – as required | Cooking time 30 mins
- Scraps of puff pastry
- Egg wash
- A touch of grease
- Flour for dusting
- Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (Gas Mark 6).
- Lightly dust you work surface and rolling pin.
- Roll out your pastry quite thin to about 3mm thickness.
- Take a small round pastry cutter and carefully cut out crescent-shaped pieces of pastry.
- Place on the baking tray, apply egg wash and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Apply egg wash again.
- Put into the pre-heated oven and bake the pastry fleurons until golden brown.
- Remove the pastry fleurons from the oven when cooked and cool on a wire cooling rack. If you are using fresh pastry, you can always freeze your pastry fleurons before you cook them. Take out as many as you need each time
If using frozen pastry, it is not recommended that you freeze a second time.
Pastry making tips
We have put together some great tips for making perfect pastry every time, which includes information on the type of flour used and how you need to give the pastry time to rest!