This pastry recipe is for making pastry fleurons, which are a great accompaniment to many dishes.
Ingredients – as required | Cooking time 30 mins
- Scraps of puff pastry
- Egg wash
- A touch of grease
- Flour for dusting
- Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (Gas Mark 6).
- Lightly dust you work surface and rolling pin.
- Roll out your pastry quite thin to about 3mm thickness.
- Take a small round pastry cutter and carefully cut out crescent-shaped pieces of pastry.
- Place on the baking tray, apply egg wash and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Apply egg wash again.
- Put into the pre-heated oven and bake the pastry fleurons until golden brown.
- Remove the pastry fleurons from the oven when cooked and cool on a wire cooling rack. If you are using fresh pastry, you can always freeze your pastry fleurons before you cook them. Take out as many as you need each time
If using frozen pastry, it is not recommended that you freeze a second time.
Pastry making tips
We have put together some great tips for making perfect pastry every time, which includes information on the type of flour used and how you need to give the pastry time to rest!
Watch pastry fleurons being made
Great tasting pastry recipes
This pastry recipe is for a shortcrust pastry. If looking for recipes for pastry, this rich shortcrust pastry recipe will be ideal and can be used to make great recipes such as a golden syrup tart.
Golden syrup tart
This is a recipe for a golden syrup tart, also known as golden syrup cakes and treacle tarts. These individual golden syrup tarts are great served with raspberries or rhubarb.
This pastry recipe is for a sweet pastry that can be used to make great tasting cakes such as mince pies.
This recipe for a tomato tart is an easy tart recipe to make and makes a great starter. This uses baby tomatoes and Dijon mustard.
This chocolate recipe is for chocolate eclairs. This chocolate eclair recipe makes for a great cake to enjoy with friends and family.
Pumpkin and chicken vol au vents
Pumpkin vol au vents are a great recipe for cooking pumpkin. This pumpkin recipe uses chicken and vol au vents to make a great tasting snack or meal.
This quiche recipe is for quiche lorraine. This recipe for quiche is great served with new potatoes and a green salad.
Chicken and bacon pie
This chicken recipe is for a chicken and bacon pie. This chicken pie recipe is a great combination of chicken and pastry.
Puff pastry is quite a luxury pastry, not difficult to make but it does take a long time from start to finish (roughly about 3 hours), due to rolling and resting the pastry for 30 minutes between 6 rolls of pastry.
This recipe for cream horns is also known as creme horns. If looking for cream horn recipes, look no further.