This recipe is for brandy butter, often associated with Christmas. This brandy butter recipe is quick and easy to make and tastes great.
Ingredients – as required
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 20g ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- Place the butter in a clean bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Pass the icing sugar through a sieve into the bowl and, using a wooden spoon, mix in to the butter. Add the ground almonds and brandy and mix well.
- Slowly mix in the double cream.
- Spoon the brandy butter into a small clean bowl, cover with cling film and store in the fridge until required.
Stocks and sauces – Hints and tips
We have put together some essential hints and tips for preparing stocks and sauces, which includes information on seasoning and storage.