Mango salsa – looks and tastes great!
A mango salsa makes a great tasting accompaniment to many dishes. A mango salsa looks and tastes great and is easy to make at home.
Ingredients – Serves 6 | Preparation time 70 mins
- 1 large mango, peeled and finely diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, small dice
- ½ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 table spoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- Prepare the mango, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and chilli as above. Place into a bowl and season with sea salt.
- Add the sugar, vinegar, olive oil and zest and juice of the lime. Mix together well, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Chop the mint, but do not add it to the salsa until just before serving.
- Serve the salsa in small bowls as an accompaniment.
I have never come across a magic method of destoning a mango, so I peel and then slice the mango around the stone.
Stocks and sauces – Hints and tips
We have put together some essential hints and tips for preparing stocks and sauces, which includes information on seasoning and storage.
Other stocks and sauces to make
Here are some more stocks and sauces you may want to try:
Recipes using mango salsa
Here are some recipes using mango salsa