This anzac biscuits recipe makes 8-10 anzac biscuits (cookies). If looking for biscuits recipes, this recipe for anzac biscuits will be great.
Ingredients – 6 to 10 biscuits
- Golden syrup: 60g
- Butter: 150g
- Caster sugar: 120g
- Rolled oats: 120g
- Plain flour: 120g
- Bicarbonate of soda: 2tsp
- Whisky (optional): 2tsp
- Put the syrup, butter and sugar into a saucepan and allow them to melt over a low heat on the hob. Stir from time to time.
- When the butter has melted and sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat and stir in the flour and oats.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in a small dish with a tablespoon of hot water and add to the mixture. Add the whiskey, if you are using it.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 140°C (Gas Mark 1).
- Lightly grease a flat baking tray or use a non-stick mat.
- Roll the mixture between your hands into marble size balls and place them on the baking tray, leaving room for the biscuits to spread while baking.
- Place the tray of anzac biscuits in the pre-heated oven and bake for about 10–15 minutes until golden in colour. Remove from the oven and allow the biscuits to cool for a few moments, then finish cooling on a wire rack.
If you have enjoyed making these Anzac biscuits, why not use them in making a fantastic Anzac, cream and chocolate dessert?