This chocolate brownies recipe is for those that love chocolate. This recipe for brownies makes around 12 chocolate brownies for you to enjoy.
Ingredients – 12 brownies
- Plain flour: 90g
- Cocoa powder: 20g
- Icing sugar: 150g
- Dark chocolate (min 70% cocoa solids): 150g
- Butter: 90g
- Golden syrup: 40g
- Eggs (large): 2
- Vanilla extract drops
Getting everything ready
- Neatly line a 20cm x 20cm x 3cm baking tin with tin foil, ensure the foil comes up higher than the sides of the tin. Lightly grease the foil with a touch of butter.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a clean bowl.
- Break the eggs into a clean jug and beat together.
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C (Gas Mark 4).
- Add the butter and syrup to the bowl with the chocolate and place over a saucepan of warm water to melt slowly, stirring from time to time.
- While the chocolate and butter are slowly melting, sift the plain flour, icing sugar and cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl and mix together using a large wooden spoon.
- When the chocolate mixture has totally melted, stir well to ensure it is lovely and smooth. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients, add the beaten eggs and a few drops of vanilla extract and beat the mixture well until it is lovely and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Use a small dinner knife to ensure that it spreads evenly.
- Place the tin in the centre of the pre-heated oven and bake the chocolate brownies for about 20–25 minutes. Remove the chocolate brownies from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
- When cool, remove the chocolate brownies from the tin by lifting the tin foil. Place it on top of a chopping board and carefully slide off from the foil.
- Carefully cut the brownies into the size pieces you require – try to keep the chocolate brownies quite small as they are very rich.
- Dust the chocolate brownies lightly with a little extra icing sugar and finish by dusting very lightly with a touch of cocoa powder.
Cake baking tips
We have put together some great tips on baking cakes, which includes information on skills such as creaming margarine, how to whisk eggs and sugar, use of pastry and the use of yeast.
Watch chocolate brownies being made
Other great tasting cake and chocolate recipes
These chocolate and mint cupcakes have a hint of the refreshing taste of mint, look great and are easy to make.
This sponge cake recipe is for making a swiss roll. This swiss roll recipe is quick to make and is a great cake to serve with friends.
This recipe shows how to make scones. Fruit scones can be made by adding sultanas. This scones recipe makes a great snack for any time of the day.
Fatless sponge mix
This shows how to make a fatless sponge mix. Here, we are making enough to fill a small Swiss roll tin, but make as much as you need for your recipe.
Vanilla shortbread biscuits
This biscuits recipe is for vanilla shortbread, sometimes called shortbread cookies. This recipe for shortbread uses vanilla sugar and makes great tasting biscuits for all to enjoy.
This apple pie recipe is a great apple recipe to try. If looking for a recipe for apple pies, this makes 3 individual apple pies to serve with custard or ice cream.
Fruit cake recipe
This fruit cake recipe will make a great birthday cake or wedding cake. If you are looking for a fruit cake recipe for a special occasion, this will be ideal.
Viennese finger biscuits
This biscuits recipe is for viennese biscuits. If looking for a recipe for how to make biscuits, these easy to bake biscuits will be ideal.
This cake recipe is for mince pies. If you are looking for a mince pies recipe, this recipe is all you need.
This chocolate recipe is for chocolate eclairs. This chocolate eclair recipe makes for a great cake to enjoy with friends and family.