This chocolate brownies recipe is for those that love chocolate. This recipe for brownies makes around 12 chocolate brownies for you to enjoy.
Ingredients – 12 brownies
- Plain flour: 90g
- Cocoa powder: 20g
- Icing sugar: 150g
- Dark chocolate (min 70% cocoa solids): 150g
- Butter: 90g
- Golden syrup: 40g
- Eggs (large): 2
- Vanilla extract drops
Getting everything ready
- Neatly line a 20cm x 20cm x 3cm baking tin with tin foil, ensure the foil comes up higher than the sides of the tin. Lightly grease the foil with a touch of butter.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a clean bowl.
- Break the eggs into a clean jug and beat together.
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C (Gas Mark 4).
- Add the butter and syrup to the bowl with the chocolate and place over a saucepan of warm water to melt slowly, stirring from time to time.
- While the chocolate and butter are slowly melting, sift the plain flour, icing sugar and cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl and mix together using a large wooden spoon.
- When the chocolate mixture has totally melted, stir well to ensure it is lovely and smooth. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients, add the beaten eggs and a few drops of vanilla extract and beat the mixture well until it is lovely and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Use a small dinner knife to ensure that it spreads evenly.
- Place the tin in the centre of the pre-heated oven and bake the chocolate brownies for about 20–25 minutes. Remove the chocolate brownies from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
- When cool, remove the chocolate brownies from the tin by lifting the tin foil. Place it on top of a chopping board and carefully slide off from the foil.
- Carefully cut the brownies into the size pieces you require – try to keep the chocolate brownies quite small as they are very rich.
- Dust the chocolate brownies lightly with a little extra icing sugar and finish by dusting very lightly with a touch of cocoa powder.
Cake baking tips
We have put together some great tips on baking cakes, which includes information on skills such as creaming margarine, how to whisk eggs and sugar, use of pastry and the use of yeast.