This chocolate recipe is for chocolate eclairs. This chocolate eclair recipe shows how easy making chocolate eclairs is for friends and family.
Getting everything ready
- Make the choux pastry.
- Line a flat baking tray with non-stick paper or use a non-stick baking mat.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces in a clean bowl ready for melting.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (Gas Mark 6).
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain tube with the choux pastry.
- Neatly pipe the choux pastry into 8cm lengths on the prepared baking tray.
- Sprinkle over with a few drops of water (which will create extra steam to help the choux pastry rise).
- Place the baking tray in the centre of the pre-heated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when nicely baked and carefully make a hole at one end of the pastry using a small knife or skewer to let the steam escape.
- Put the pastry back into the oven for a few more minutes to dry the éclairs.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire cooling rack until cold.
- Place the bowl of chocolate pieces over warm water and melt.
- Pour the cream into a clean bowl and whisk until thick enough to pipe; spoon the whipped cream into a piping bag with a ½ inch tube and fill each éclair with the cream using the hole made earlier.
- Neatly dip the top of each of your chocolate éclairs into the melted chocolate and allow any excess to drip off. Place on a baking tray and place in a fridge for the chocolate to set.
- Put the chocolate éclairs in paper cases and serve.
Cake baking tips
We have put together some great tips on baking cakes, which includes information on skills such as creaming margarine, how to whisk eggs and sugar, use of pastry and the use of yeast.
Wacth chocolate eclairs being made
Other cake recipes
This apple pie recipe is a great apple recipe to try. If looking for a recipe for apple pies, this makes 3 individual apple pies to serve with custard or ice cream.
This recipe for cream horns is also known as creme horns. If looking for cream horn recipes, look no further.
Anzac biscuit dessert
This dessert recipe uses anzac biscuits and cream to make a great biscuits and cream dessert. If you are looking for a fantastic looking dessert recipe to amaze your friends, this is it!
Viennese finger biscuits
This biscuits recipe is for viennese biscuits. If looking for a recipe for how to make biscuits, these easy to bake biscuits will be ideal.
Fatless sponge mix
This shows how to make a fatless sponge mix. Here, we are making enough to fill a small Swiss roll tin, but make as much as you need for your recipe.
Matcha Fortune Cookies
This Matcha Fortune Cookies recipe from Maria Sisci makes around 50 fortune cookies and is well worth the effort. Make these great fortune cookies at home.
Golden syrup tart
This is a recipe for a golden syrup tart, also known as golden syrup cakes and treacle tarts. These individual golden syrup tarts are great served with raspberries or rhubarb.
This recipe is for christmas pudding, often referred to as christmas pud and xmas pud. However you name it, this christmas food recipe tastes fantastic.
Strawberry and cream slices
This strawberries dessert is for strawberry and cream slices. This strawberries and cream recipe tastes great at any time of the year.
Anzac biscuits recipe
This anzac biscuit recipe makes 8-10 anzac biscuits (cookies). If looking for biscuits recipes, this recipe for anzac biscuits will be great.