This recipe for cream horns is also known as creme horns. If looking for cream horn recipes, look no further.
Ingredients – 6 to 8 horns
- Puff pastry: 300g
- Raspberry jam: 3tsp
- Chantilly cream: 150ml
- Granulated sugar: 2tbs
- Butter: for greasing
- Plain flour: for dusting
Getting everything ready
- Allow the puff pastry to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Use a touch of butter to lightly grease the cream horn moulds and baking tray.
- Spoon the jam into a small paper piping bag.
- Spread the sugar in a shallow dish.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (Gas Mark 6).
- Lightly dust the work surface and rolling pin with a touch of flour and roll the pastry out in a rectangle shape about 40cm by 16cm and allow to rest.
- Carefully cut strips of pastry about 2cm wide and 40cm in length. Lightly brush each strip with a touch of cold water.
- Starting from the base, very carefully roll out the pastry around the moulds. Try hard not to pull and stretch the pastry.
- When all the moulds have been lined with the pastry, brush the top side with cold water and dip in the granulated sugar. This should hopefully give you a lovely crisp sugar coating when the cream horns are cooked.
- Place the pastry horns on the baking tray sugar side up and bake in the centre of the pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pastry horns from the oven and allow to cool before removing the moulds. Pipe a touch of jam into the bottom of each pastry horn.
- Prepare the chantilly cream and spoon into a large piping bag fitted with a star tube. Neatly pipe the cream into the cream horns.
Cake baking tips
We have put together some great tips on baking cakes, which includes information on skills such as creaming margarine, how to whisk eggs and sugar, use of pastry and the use of yeast.
Watch cream horns being made
Other great tasting cake recipes
Fruit cake recipe
This fruit cake recipe will make a great birthday cake or wedding cake. If you are looking for a fruit cake recipe for a special occasion, this will be ideal.
This cupcake reflects the four seasons of the year in terms of the buttercream icing colours used.
Fairy cakes and cake decorating
This cake recipe makes fairy cakes. You can choose the cake decorations of your choice. Here the fairy cakes are decorated with icing, cherries and buttercream.
Cake baking tips
Here are some essential cake baking tips. There are many thousands of different cakes and pastries and a great many books telling us how to make them. We show you how to make a few different types of cake to give you a basic knowledge, from which you can make many sorts of cakes in much the same way.
These chocolate and mint cupcakes have a hint of the refreshing taste of mint, look great and are easy to make.
This cake recipe is for a chocolate cake decorated with flaked almonds. Chocolate cakes make great birthday cakes and this choc cake recipe will fit the bill nicely.
This doughnuts recipe makes around 12 delicious doughnuts. Often referred to as donuts or doughnuts, this donuts recipe is delicious.
This sponge cake recipe is for a Victoria sponge cake. This recipe for Victoria sponge is a traditional cake recipe and is great for any occasion.
This sponge cake recipe is for making a swiss roll. This swiss roll recipe is quick to make and is a great cake to serve with friends.
Chocolate truffle cupcakes
This recipe is for a chocolate truffle cupcake. This chocolate recipe creates delicious chocolate truffles for a cupcake.