This chocolate cupcake recipe uses chocolate and honeycomb. If looking for a chocolate cupcake recipe that combines the great sweet taste of honeycomb, this chocolate and honeycomb cupcakes recipe is for you.
Ingredients – 6 to 8 cupcakes
- 75g basic cupcake mix
- 15g cocoa powder
- few pieces golden honeycomb
- few dark chocolate shavings
- Chocolate buttercream – enough to cover the cupcakes
Getting everything ready
- Make the basic cupcake mix with the addition of 15g of cocoa powder – sift this into the mix at the same time as when you add the flour. Bake in the normal way and allow to cool.
- Make a few chocolate shavings.
- Make the chocolate buttercream.
- Take a few pieces of honeycomb and place in a small plastic bag. Place on your work surface and gently tap with a rolling pin – you will have a few small golden nuggets of honeycomb. Keep the honeycomb dust for later.
- Take 3 or 4 small pieces of honeycomb and use a skewer to push the nuggets into the cupcakes – try to get them at different levels throughout.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a small star tube with the chocolate buttercream and carefully pipe onto each cake. Start round the outside and end with a swirl in the middle.
- Arrange the chocolate shavings over the top of the buttercream – this represents an old mine shaft.
- Finally, dust each chocolate cupcake with the dust from the crushed honeycomb.