These chocolate and mint cupcakes have a hint of the refreshing taste of mint, look great and are easy to make. This cupcake recipe for a chocolate and mint cupcake makes 6-8 cupcakes.
Getting everything ready
- Make the basic cupcake mix with the addition of 15g of cocoa powder – sift this into the mix at the same time as when you add the flour.
- Fill the paper cases about ¼ full. Place an after diner mint into the paper case and put some more mixture on top until ½ full. Bake and allow to cool.
- Make the buttercream adding a few drops of mint flavoured essence and a touch of green food colouring – keep the colour a pastel shade.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a pan of warm water.
- Spread a little buttercream evenly over the top of the cupcake.
- Lay another after dinner mint on top.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a small star tube with the mint flavoured buttercream and neatly pipe cream completely over the top.
- Spoon some melted chocolate into a small paper piping bag fitted with a very small plain tube (or snip the very end of the bag).
- Carefully pipe thin lines of melted chocolate over the top.
- Place the chocolate and mint cupcakes in the fridge for a few moments to set.
- Finish with a dusting of icing sugar.