This strawberry cupcakes recipe shows how to make a cupcake decorated with strawberries and cream. This is to celebrate the world famous lawn tennis tournament at Wimbledon where strawberries and cream are famous.
Ingredients – 6/8 cupcakes
- 75g basic cupcake mix
- 8-10 strawberries
- White chocolate shavings
- Vanilla flavoured buttercream
- Green edible dusting powder
Getting everything ready
- Make the vanilla flavoured buttercream.
- Make a few white chocolate shavings.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the strawberries. Save one small strawberry for each cupcake and put aside until later. Remove the stalks and chop the remaining strawberries into small pieces.
- Make the basic cupcake mix and add about 50g of chopped strawberries. Bake and allow to cool.
- Fill a paper piping bag fitted with a small star tube with the buttercream. Neatly pipe over the top of the cupcakes, finishing with a whirl in the centre of each one.
- Lightly dust over the top with a touch of green edible dusting powder.
- Lay a few of the white chocolate shavings against the swirl of buttercream in the centre of each cupcake.
- Take the strawberries one at a time and carefully cut into thin slices but only cutting about ¾ of the way through. Gently press the strawberry on your work surface to fan out.
- Place the fanned out strawberry onto the centre of each cupcake to create great tasting strawberries and cream cupcakes.
If looking for a great strawberries and cream recipe, these strawberry cupcakes with strawberries and cream will be ideal.