This Anzac biscuit dessert recipe uses anzac biscuits and cream to make a great biscuit and cream dessert. If you are looking for a fantastic looking dessert recipe to amaze your friends, this is it!
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 6 Anzac biscuits
- Approx. 150g fresh raspberries
- Approx. 150ml chantilly cream
- 1 chocolate flake
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Raspberry coulis, to garnish
- 2 portions vanilla ice cream
Getting everything ready
- Make a batch of Anzac biscuits. Save enough for your dessert and keep the rest for tea and coffee breaks. Bet they don’t hang around for long!
- Make the raspberry coulis.
- Whisk the chantilly cream and save it in the fridge until required.
- Carefully crumble a chocolate flake and place it in a small clean dish.
- Place an anzac biscuit onto each plate.
- Spoon the cream into a clean piping bag fitted with a star tube. Pipe some of the cream over the biscuit. Next, neatly arrange some fresh raspberries to cover the cream. Lay another biscuit on top and pipe a touch more cream across the top of the biscuit. Cover this with the crumbled chocolate flake.
- Cut a few thin strips of paper and lay across the top of the chocolate flake, so that you have lines of chocolate and lines of paper.
- Dust quite liberally with sieved icing sugar.
- Carefully remove the strips of paper, hopefully leaving you with a neat-looking top to the desserts.
- Garnish the plates with a touch of coulis and a few extra fresh raspberries scattered around.
- Place a nice scoop of ice cream onto each plate and insert an Anzac biscuit into the ice cream and serve.
Anzac biscuit dessert – hints and tips
This Anzac biscuit dessert recipe shows how easy it is to make up a nice dessert with just a few bits and pieces lying around ready to be used up. You could try using round shortbread biscuits and exchange the raspberries for fresh strawberries.