This chocolate tart recipe is a great chocolate recipe to try at home. If you are looking for chocolate dessert recipes, this choc tart will be ideal.
Ingredients – Serves 6 | Cooking time 60 mins
- Approx. 450g shortcrust pastry
- A little plain flour, for dusting
- 115g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 25g unsalted butter, plus a touch for greasing
- 2 large fresh eggs
- 50g caster sugar
- 150ml double cream
- A little icing sugar, for dusting
- 6 portions vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 6 brandy snap baskets (optional)
Getting everything ready
- Make the shortcrust pastry and allow to rest.
- Make the brandy snap baskets, if you are using them.
- Lightly butter the flan cases.
- Lightly dust the work surface with flour and roll out the pastry and line each flan case neatly.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C (Gas Mark 3).
- Break the chocolate into small pieces into a clean bowl.
- Add the butter and allow to melt together over a saucepan of hot water (do not allow the water to boil). Stir until smooth.
- Remove the bowl from above the saucepan and allow it to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in another clean bowl, break the eggs and add the sugar.
- Whisk together until creamy and pale in colour. Now, fold in the chocolate mixture and stir in the cream.
- Using a ladle, carefully pour the mixture into the pastry lined flan cases.
- Place the chocolate tarts onto a baking tray and into the pre-heated oven. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the chocolate tarts are only just cooked.
- Remove the chocolate tarts from the oven and place onto a cooling rack.
- When cold, remove the chocolate tarts from the flan cases.
Chocolate tart – hints and tips
Decorate the plates as you wish, for example, with a touch of chocolate sauce, brandy snap basket filled with vanilla ice cream, grate over a touch of chocolate or dust with icing sugar, a fresh strawberry, etc. Serve your delicious chocolate tarts.