This strawberry trifle recipe is a great strawberry recipe to try at home. If you are looking for a recipe for trifle, this strawberry dessert tastes fantastic all through the year.
Ingredients – as required
- Sponge such as swiss roll or sponge fingers
- Strawberry jelly
- Fresh strawberries
- Double cream
- Flaked almonds, roasted
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Use any sponge trimmings you may have been saving. Spread a touch of strawberry jam on the pieces of sponge and neatly arrange them in the base of your bowl. Or, like me, you can use a small swiss roll.
- Wash and dry the strawberries, remove an stalks and cut into quarters lengthways. Place in the bowl.
- Make the strawberry jelly to the manufacturer’s instructions. Allow it to cool, then pour over the sponge and strawberries, making sure the sponge is well soaked with the jelly. Place it in the fridge to set.
- Make some custard (or use ready made) and allow it to cool.
- Remove the strawberry trifle from the fridge when it is set and neatly pour over the cool custard and return to the fridge.
- When required, remove the strawberry trifle from the fridge. Whisk a little double cream until it forms peaks and spoon it into a clean piping bag fitted with a star tube. Pipe a rosette of cream onto the strawberry trifle.
- Garnish your strawberry trifle with a small whole strawberry, sprinkle over a few roasted flaked almonds and dust with a touch of icing sugar and serve.
- Then, spend a while cleaning up the mess!
Strawberry trifle – hints and tips
Children love messing about in the kitchen and making a strawberry trifle is quite a good recipe to get them involved. Just take care when dissolving the jelly. And, of course, we can exchange roasted almonds with hundreds and thousands or small chocolate strands. All their favourite ingredients!